Saturday, July 14, 2012

Palm Tree KOTD

Hello Ladies,
I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! Mine is quiet like usual. I have been hiding indoors trying to avoid the heat. I HATE summer heat. My time of year is Fall.. I finally got my second A/C upstairs so at least this summer I can sleep in my own bed and not on the couch like last year.. lol... 
I will be getting my camera back on July 20th so no more crappy pics(well, for a while at least) so I can use my new light box that I got. I am so impressed with it, I got it awhile ago but didn't get to use it yet. It came with the box, two lights, four different color backdrops and it all goes in a carrying case. Very impressed. I will take a pic of it on Friday to share how awesome it is. 
On to my nails... I used all of the CG poolside collection for the gradient base except for the blue, I am out so I used Orly Skinny Dip. I think it is pretty much the same color. I looked and looked for palm trees but in all of the plates that I have, I only had three palm trees and I only liked one of them. I am trying to see if I can locate a nice looking palm tree on a plate.  I tried to do the 3D method seen here. You can check it out and see the awesome directions for this cool trick.. I think I should have used a brighter yellow for the sun image. I will be trying this technique out again very soon. I think this is an awesome idea and I will be practicing to get it down.. lol,..












Thank you for taking the time to come see me.
Take Care of You!
Nicky

6 comments:

Freshie said...

Such a great scene! I wish I had that much nail to work with =D

Jackie said...

Very cute!! I checked out that link....now I want to try it :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Ladies, my sun didn't work as nice as I was hoping but I will be trying this out again.. Jackie I seen your mani using this technique.. It looked awesome!!! ^_^

Nail Dazzler Nails said...

So pretty !!!Have a nice Sunday :)

-Diana- said...

I love this and love summer wish we had summer weather here...send me some sun ;)

Unknown said...

Diana you sure can have my summer.. I will trade you anytime.. lol.. My nails never turn out as awesome as yours but I sure do aspire to have nice designs like yours...