Friday, March 25, 2011

Another Mani and New XL plate

Hello ladies,
I was able to load a few pics that I could not upload earlier today.
I know this mani isn't great but I like to show the different ones.
I have a quick question for the ones that sent me many
comments saying how my nails were the ugliest ever posted,
that I sucked at doing my own gel fills and other nasty things
that I am sure you all know about.
Do you all think that my fills this time are looking better?
If you didn't notice that they were not the best than please
disregard this question. For those who noticed and are too
polite to insult me, do you notice a small improvement?
I spent way more time this week trying to fix my nails and I
wondered what you thought. PLEASE don't feel the need to
be cruel or mean, I am looking for honest opinions but
not a free for all to try and make me cry.LOL. I am just
teasing.LOL. It takes way more than some anonymous nasty
comments to make me cry.
I just wondered if you could even tell the difference at all?
I know I am not good by any means but I am learning, I only
get to practice on my own nails like once a month so it is taking
a long time to get better. Anyways, here is a few pics.
My new XL Plate.






Sorry but I have one more tiny question. Do you know what my
camera setting should be, besides macro so I can post a bigger size
pic when I post it here. I keep trying to make it bigger but it just
gets so blurry that I have to keep it small, any suggestions??
I also wanted to mention again I am on the look out for any nail blogs.
I have compiled a list from my Google Reader and I have been
sending out emails to introduce  myself and my blog. I am trying to
reach all of the blogs I have listed. About 600 or so it is taking a while.
Thanks for dropping in and I hope you will come again. Have a great night!!
Nicky

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

They do look better this time! Still a little thick though. Why don't you just show your natural nails? I'm sure you do have beautiful nails underneath!

Unknown said...

I KNOW THEY ARE STILL THICK.MY NAILS WERE NATURALLY THIS LONG UNTIL I GOT SICK, AFTER THAT I GOT PREGNANT WITH MY YOUNGEST AND SINCE THEN I COULD NOT KEEP MY NAILS AT ALL.THEY WOULD BREAK,SPLIT,CRACK YOU NAME IT, IT WOULD HAPPEN SO I WOULD START CHEWING MY NAILS AGAIN(EX BITTER)ANYWAYS I TRIED FOR 4 YEARS TO GROW ANY LENGTH THEN I JUST GAVE UP.I AM HOPING IN THREE YEARS WHEN I MAY BE ABLE TO GET A STUDENT LOAN SO I CAN GET MY ACTUAL COURSE, BUT THAT ISNT A REALITY FOR ME RIGHT NOW. IN ALL HONESTY I PAID 40.00 PER MONTH AND CAME HOME WITH NAILS SUCKIER THAN MINE. SWEAR ON MY NAILS.THE LAST STEADY NAIL TECH I HAD DIDN'T EVEN SANITIZE HER METAL INSTRUMENTS UNLESS I ASKED FOR HER TO CLEAN THEM BEFORE TOUCHING MY HANDS.I FIGURED WHY NOT TRY, I GOT MY DRILL LAST WEEK SO I AM HOPING TO GET THEM LESS THICK, LIKE I SAID I AM LEARNING AS I GO.I APPRECIATE YOUR HONESTY THOUGH. THANKS
NICKY

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Hi Nicky, I just sent you an email but realized you were asking about camera setting specifically. On my camera one of the options available while taking photos is for size - it's not that intuitive as the options are L, M1, M2, M3, S and W. Each one refers to a specific size. I have a large memory card, so I just keep mine on L, which is the largest file size, then I make the photos smaller after moving them to my computer.
Not sure if these are the same options on your camera, but hopefully it helps!

deez-nailz said...

one thing i did not add in my email, do you ever use the tips you glue on first, and then cover them with the acrylic mix? i think that is way easier - \i will have to pull out all my supplies and try it out.

I think you should mess around with the blogger lay-out, and just have 1 column, your photos may be fuzzy because there is not enough room for them in this area.

when you add a photo to blogger, there is 4 sizes to select from when it is added to the post....small, med, large, x-large,


whenever i take photos i take them in macro mode, when i add them to my computer i crop them and add them to blogger. your photos are fine, i can clearly see what you have done to your nails, so you are taking good clear photos.

i think having links and your about me and followers on one side, will free up alot of space - so this middle box can be bigger allowing your photos to be larger?

when i first started blogging it took me forever to figure everything out! I still have alot of things i want to do - just very little time to do them.

taen2692 said...

maybe you should do them a bit shorter I think that they would look a lot better like that. Good luck.