Saturday, May 21, 2011

THE KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER CAMPAIGN (No Nails in this post)


AS A KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER I PLEDGE TO:


  • create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers
  • be understanding of each other-- in the blogging community, as well as in the world
  • stay away from internet/blogging bullying
  • speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other's feelings-- be tactful
  • make an effort--no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others
  • acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
  • know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow up with something happy/positive too.
  • believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people

I wasn't going to bother mentioning this here but this post from
jo annie helped to change my mind. I am not angry, or lashing out.
I am as she put it on her site speaking from my heart. If you don't like heartfelt
information than please don't go any further. I just needed to get this off my chest
and move on. If you are leaving now. Thank you for dropping by
I hope to see you again!!
Nicky

For those of you who are going to venture out further below. I just wanted to explain something


I have since decided I am going to take the pledge and encourage those of
you who are tired of hearing negative feedback, comments, insults and
any other negative things that have happened to you since the start of
blogging. I have been told that there have been a lot of negative
comments made about my posts on Twitter. I got and saved a letter from a fellow
blogger who in the letter was trying to be as polite as possible so as not
to be included in the public hanging I was getting. I took the high road, said
Thank you for the letter, information and her tips. I was hesitant about what
her intention was but I went against my better judgement and answered
her letter anyways.
Personally I left high school a long long time ago. I did not like all the bullying, or
just plain nasty things that we all are guilty of at one time or another when
we were younger. But I am now 35 years old, I got married in 1995, I
lost my first baby boy in 1994. I have since been raising two
beautiful boys. I have managed to quit drugs, smoking and manage depression.
I DO NOT NEED ANY ONE'S APPROVAL ANYMORE!!
Now I am not being mean, disrespectful or trying to start anything.
I do these posts for me, I like seeing my nail art. I love reading and seeing
your nail art, BUT I don't know why it is some of you think that
because you have lots of followers that you can go around insulting other
woman behind my back on Twitter! I don't understand. Yes your
nails are better cleaned up you all seem to have this section of your nails
that have no polish on them, I can't seem to do that to save my life.
But so what!! My nails were misshapen yes, I am doing my own gel fills,
having never been taught, only getting to practice that once a month so
yes it is taking a way longer time that if I was in school and doing all my
classmates nails and some practice client nails. That isn't the point.
I don't understand why some of you are insulting me, my blog but still
coming to see what I am doing? WHY??? If my nails offend you so much
why do you come back. I don't need followers who are only
here to see my fails or to have something to report to the Twitter followers
about how crappy you think my nails are.
I love the fact that I have so many followers. I do! I get so excited every
time I come see if I lost or have any new followers. I appreciate
you. The ones who come here, see my nails, leave a comment
nice or not that is what this is all about. I get that! What I don't understand
is why that the same bloggers who talk about this great community in one
post is the one who is actually leading my lynch mob, so to speak.
How is that building a great community? You are helping to build a "CLICK"
That is all you are doing. I can join only if my nails are short enough, shaped
the right way, use the right colors and do my blogging the same as yours!
In my polite letter from a supposedly concerned fellow blogger(who hasn't even replied to
my letter or my questions by the way) there is nothing about this experience that
shows me the nail community is a nice place.
I love posting stuff about my nails mainly because I get to tell my
hubby that I NEED new nail stuff cuz I have to keep up with
all the other bloggers, and look I have lots of ladies who come read
my blog I need new stuff to show them.LOL. So far it has been working.
I am not angry, I am not going to tell these women off. I am going to take
this pledge, give kindness to all I come in to contact with
especially online, I am going to continue posting pics of my nails, polishes
and whatever else I end up posting here. I want to hear from all of you
I don't want just empty compliments given, I don't need all positive, BUT
I do deserve respect! I do know that. Talking about or saying nasty things
about another person be it in the blogging community or a friend when
that person can't be there to at least defend herself is just wrong.
I hope you will join me and over 400 other bloggers who have joined
this movement. I hope that you will join me in living these words not
just putting the badge up to look good. I am going to live these
guidelines everyday. It is hard I have a next door neighbour who I have a
very hard time not speaking badly to my hubby about but I am trying
to be kind.
I really hope that I do not lose the followers I have that are sincere.
I am ok in the knowledge I will lose some, mainly those who I am
talking about but that is ok. I know that if I live these guidlines here and in
my personal life I will get many more followers who are here to enjoy
the nail art I am trying to create. I am sorry for making this a personal, and long post.
This issue needed to be addressed for me to hold my head high, know that I took
the high road, I did not let my anger and hurt feelings get in the way of what I think
is a great blog! I hope you will come by again and see
what else I come up with. I love to hear from you all!!!
Nicky

6 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

As someone who is putting themselves through nail school right now, I would want you to be careful with doing your own nails. It's easy to get a fungus or an infection when you don't know *exactly* what you're doing.
Be careful!

Unknown said...

Nicky, I'm sorry this happened. Blogging is all about sharing our love for nail polish and showing our own ideas. Keep your head up and keep in mind there are some of us that appreciate you for your style. I am one of them :)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been at the end of such negativity. I've been nailblogging for less than 2 months but I'd gotten the impression this was a place of respect and appreciation.

People need to remember.. behind the nails, is a person.

We all have this creativity for a reason. People do it to unwind, relax, or show a side of their personality.

Keep on bloggin'

xoxo

Let's polish some nails said...

My english is not very good, but i hope i will menage to write what i want and that you will understand me :)

First of all, i am so sorry for that what happened to you, people can be really mean sometimes.

I personally would never had nails that long , mine are shorter and i would like them to grow but just not that long. And it looks like (as i've seen on pics) the nail area is not even on whole nail.. But guess what - these aren't my nails - they are yours, and as long as you like them, fine with me. I really can't see any reason why would you had some different nail style just because someone else likes it and you would hate it? It's your nails and you are free to do what ever u feel like you should do :)

Don't get me wrong, i haven't ment to hurt or offend you with anything. I love your designs, you are very creative. And in the last post your nails are shorter then usual, and in my opinion they are more beautiful like that, but you said you feel odd with that length so i guess they will be longer again soon, but as i said, go for it :)

Hope you don't mind i wrote this comment. I am following you and you didn't lose me (as a follower) with this post. Wish you all the best, and i hope you won't be reading these unpolite comments anymore.

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Still here! It's sad that you have to go through this, and I'm really glad that you are a strong enough person to address it and continue doing what you love!
*Note to your hubby* - Nicky needs new nail stuff!! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your kind words. I really appreciate them. I am going to keep being honest about me and how I feel. I hope that will be enough. I hope I continue to get great ladies like you who will keep coming to see me. I love doing my nails. I love seeing all of you doing your nails.
I wish you a great weekend and I can't wait to read your next posts.
Nicky